Physiotherapy can be undertaken prior to surgery for pre surgery conditioning and immediately post surgery or injury, which will significantly speed up the recovery and prevent post operative/ injury complications.
Veterinary Physiotherapy can help with pain management, maintaining and improving muscle mass, improving functional strength and balance, maintaining and improving joint mobility and function and overall quality of life.
Physiotherapy can help the following conditions:
- Trauma-related injuries to muscle, tendon, ligament, skin and bone
- Hip dysplasia and elbow dysplasia.
- Neurological problems (e.g. Chronic Degenerative Radiculomyopathy CDRM, Fibrocartilaginous Embolism FCE, disc herniation, lumbosacral disease).
- Pre- and post-orthopaedic surgery (e.g. Tibial osteotomies, Femoral head and neck excision - FHNE, total hip replacement - THR, etc.)
- Back and neck pain.
- Reduced function, stiffness and muscle weakness in elderly animals.
- Functional problems in dogs of any age or breed.
- Performance improvement in the athletic or working dog.
- Arthritis and old age
The aim of all our physiotherapy interventions is to promote recovery and limit the impact of injury in order to re establish your animals pre injury function.